Friday, June 29, 2012

 

Sports widow drives off into the sunset

The Euros are almost over, we’re more or less a week into Wimbledon and the Olympics are exactly four weeks away today. Sport and the great British Summer – they go hand in hand really don’t they.

Well, they go hand in hand with my partner, that’s for sure, he’s been glued to the football for what seems ages now and he hasn’t even noticed that I’ve been using his car to transport grass clippings and hedge cuttings to the tip.

Normally, he likes to keep his car sparkling and all the rubbish and dump runs have been made using my lovely little car.

But since he’s been engrossed in the football and the tennis, not to mention the Athletics trials last weekend, and some golf from somewhere or other recently, I’ve been nipping off to the tip in his sleek black business-mobile, which he normally wouldn’t go near the dump in.

Still, it’s been warm this week and his car has got air conditioning, so it’s more or less essential that I use it...don’t you think? And, as I’m a named driver on his car insurance, I might as well make use of it, so I’m well and truly justified.

Roll on the Olympics – he probably won’t move from the telly for the whole two weeks and two days that it’s on for and I’ll be able to drive his car wherever I want.  

Image © djsmiley2k via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home