Tuesday, September 20, 2011

 

Vintage chic versus modern car comfort

The Goodwood Revival meeting has been and gone for another year and I have had to put away my vintage tweed suit, seamed stockings and fake-forties Mary Jane shoes. I’ve taken the Victory Roll out of my hair and I am back to my 21st century self.

So, why won’t my boyfriend give up the vintage car and go back to modern luxury of a solid top coupe with heating and a stereo system?

I don’t mind roughing it for a weekend but his classic sports car is quickly becoming a firm feature in his, no in our life, and yes I know it was built in 1955 darling, but Rock and Roll skirts do nothing for my figure.

He won’t even tell me how much the car insurance is on it, but if all the polishing, leather seat cleaning and the amount of time he spends under its bonnet is anything to go by he probably doesn’t scrimp on cover.

Anyway, I’m glad to say, I’m back in my lovely little Fiat 500 which has all modern comforts, while also harking back to classic styling of the original 1957 models and as I watch the early autumn rain fall heavily onto the car park outside my office I am thinking of my boyfriend, struggling to get his old-fashioned soft-top roof up.

Image © DeusXFlorida via Flickr under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home