Tuesday, June 21, 2011

 

To the beach, to the beach

It’s summer, it’s raining and I’m British, so I shall moan about the weather – it is my lot in life.

But no, I’m not going to let the clouds bother me because life’s too short.

So, I’m going to dig out my bright blue wellies and find the biggest, most colourful umbrella I can and I’m going to get in my car and drive to the nearest beach so I can have a nice seaside walk.

It’s June, the Longest Day has almost been and gone and my little car hasn’t been out on a long trip in a while.

A nice long drive is always good for a car which only does short urban journeys. Getting it up to a good, but always legal, speed on the motorway helps recharge the battery fully, and gives the old internal combustion engine a work out and a decent clean through (so my dad tells me).

And while I’m at the beach I shall have some fish and chips in a seafront café while I watch the waves crashing onto the shingle.

And just in case the sun decides to come out, I shall pack a swimsuit, towel and sun cream – well, you can never be too sure, can you.

Image © kyle simourd via Flickr, uner Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home