Monday, October 3, 2011

 

Go-karting horror performance by experienced woman driver

I pride myself on being an experienced woman driver, however earlier this year I had the unfortunate experience of losing control of my car on some standing water. Thankfully, no-one else was involved or injured and I managed to drive the car home.

However, the damage to my car was quite extensive and I was forced to make a claim on my woman’s car insurance. It was a dark day.

Yet, just a few months later and with a new car in place, all thoughts of the accident were behind me as I journeyed off on holiday with my family to a cottage in the south of England. We were having a lovely time and everyone was getting to do what they wanted to do, so when my little sister said she wanted to go karting, she was stunned and hurt when no-one else in our party wanted to join her.

So, being the loving, caring sister that I am, I said, “I’ll go go-karting with you.”

What could be difficult about it? After all I have years of experience behind the wheel and my little sister hasn’t even thought about taking lessons yet. I even thought maybe I could show her how it’s done.

But no, when we got to the circuit and were suited and helmeted up, we got into the tiny, yet surprisingly powerful, karts and I just froze. As every other participant in our session, including my ungracious sibling, zoomed past me – drifting into corners and zooming down the straights with reckless abandonment – I pootled round the track with all the dynamism of the slowest slow thing...ever.

I even had time to see my boyfriend as he creased up laughing and my dad turning away in embarrassment, and my later protestations that the whole thing brought back dreadful memories of my aquaplaning free-slide into a central reservation barrier were met with derisory guffaws and a chorus of, “Yeah right”s!

No, I can safely say, go-karting is most definitely not for me and I won’t be getting into another of the infernal little machines for a very long time. Well, maybe next year, when I’ll really show my little sister how it’s done!

Labels: ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home