Friday, November 18, 2011

 

Magical pomegranates might be the elixir of life

I’m sure I’m not alone in experiencing those days where I clamber into the driver’s seat of my car, catch a glimpse of my washed out face reflected in the rear view mirror, and pray that my face will not continue to show undeniable evidence that I am becoming older every year.

Well, it seems that someone may have been listening to my prayers (and probably everyone else’s too) as a study has apparently revealed that pomegranate juice may actually have the powers to slow down the ageing process!

Ok, it sounds too good to be true, but pomegranates have already been linked with preventing heart disease and keeping stress levels down, and now researchers in Spain have discovered that the juice reduces the typical wear and tear of DNA.

This sounds fantastic! Not only will I be getting in one of my five-a-day, but I will be maintaining the beautiful, youthful face of a young driver.

Furthermore, when I turn 26 I won’t need to struggle so much to find an excellent young women’s car insurance quote, but I’ll still have the enviable visage which many 18 to 25s take for granted. Fingers crossed.

Excellent, next stop the supermarket!

Photo © JOE MARINARO via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home