Friday, October 28, 2011

 

Cars that can fly? Sign me up!

There are countless numbers of times that I have found myself caught in an incredibly slow moving traffic jam and wished that my car would just sprout wings and fly me out of the situation.

Well, it seems that my hopes aren’t as fruitless as they may seem. According to a report, developers have been creating a flying jeep!

They are being designed for the use of the U.S army and will hopefully carry four people, as well as equipment, and have the ability to take off and land vertically at the flick of a switch.

The first model of the Jeep, named the ‘Flying Humvee’, is expected to materialise at the end of next year and take to skies from as early as 2015.

It will be able to handle all-terrain driving as well as flying up to 250 miles on one tank of fuel – and this can all be achieved by a driver who hasn’t had pilot training!

Ok, maybe it isn’t very likely that I’ll get behind the wheels of one of these wonder-vehicles myself, but the thought of them will certainly make traffic jams more interesting!

“...And take off!”

Photo © creative location via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home