Friday, July 6, 2012

 

A wedding dress to wipe away the tears

I’m getting married in April. I know, I know. A spring wedding – it’s going to be lovely.

But before you get too carried away, you should know that I’m not exactly going to be CoverGirl bride.

This is because my boyfriend – fiancé, I mean – it’s so hard to get used to, even if I do like saying it... Anyway, my fiancé has said that he has come up with a brilliant idea to save money.

“What, my love, share a car, and put you on my woman driver insurance?” I asked.

“No, sweet, silly pants,” he said. “Make your wedding dress out of toilet paper.”

“You nasty, nasty man.” I said. “Making cruel jokes when you know I’m going to be the most beautiful bride ever. You already said that, remember.”

But he was serious. Completely serious. He says that a woman in the US has recently won a prize for crafting a wedding dress out of toilet paper.

Naturally, my first thought was, no way! Not in a million years!

But having looked at the garment in question, it’s, well... exquisite.

The problem is, we don’t have a designer and there’s no way I’m going to let my fiancé design and stitch it himself, as he claims he’s going to do. No way!  

Photo © exfordy via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home