Monday, November 21, 2011

 

Fancy saving some money on lunch?

At the moment I’m finding it pretty difficult to escape from the multiple news pieces about the rising costs of fuel and car insurance which is making life for drivers a little bit less affordable.

However, we can all clap and rejoice as the Royal Society of Chemistry has suggested a new way for us to save our pennies. It has introduced... The toast sandwich!

Unfortunately, the actual delicacy is no more exciting than title suggests, consisting of a thin slice of toasted bread sandwiched between another two slices of untoasted bread. More daring consumers can choose to add butter, salt and pepper if they so desire.

Pros of the sandwich include its price – just 7.5p a serving – and a very quick preparation time. However, for me, the sandwich doesn’t even seem worth trying!

I’m sure the Earl of Sandwich is turning in his grave.

As for saving some money, I think I’d benefit a lot more from cancelling that gym membership I never use.

Photo © How can I recycle this via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home