Monday, July 16, 2012

 

Festival fun in a British summer

Optimistic thoughts of the summertime had me daydreaming about rolling down my car windows, throwing my head back and letting the wind dance glamorously through my hair.

However, it seems as though the weather has other, much more disappointing plans; making sure that my daydream stays a fantasy. In fact, I’m actually considering just giving up blow-drying my hair altogether – the daily rain means every attempt at leaving the house tends to revert my hair back into a sopping wet mess!

Well, last weekend a few friends and I tried to make the best of an awful summer and got into the festival fever. We chose a local boutique-style event which promised to provide friendly atmosphere and plenty of entertainment.

Two of us had recently felt the sting of renewing our annual car insurance polices, so in a bid to save some petrol money and, of course, reduce our carbon footprint, we all chose to squeeze into my car for the one hour journey.

All went marvellously, even the weather miraculously held up for the majority of the weekend, until the very end when we headed back to the car. Somehow, the wonderful grassy field we had left my beautiful car in had turned into a swamp only a hippopotamus could be content with.

With a few – okay, a lot – of strategically placed steps, and only one less-than-graceful tumble, we managed to squish ourselves back into the car and made our rather slow getaway.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that August won’t be quite so mud-tastic and might even give me the opportunity to catch a few rays. Or that I might get whisked away on holiday, I can keep daydreaming after all!

Photo © lflnnpr1 via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home