Thursday, July 19, 2012

 

Nosey family and faddy diets

Every few weekends I travel up to North London to visit some of my family, and in an attempt to avoid the often nightmarish London traffic, I usually choose to leave my car in the garage and take the train.

Since becoming engaged, trips to see my family have resulted in quick-fire questions about the wedding. “Have you got a dress yet?”, “How many bridesmaids will you be having?”, and perhaps the most offensive, “Which fad diet will you be going on?”.

Having said that – they might have a point. I’ve tried on some dresses and they are a little bit on the snug side. So on the train journey back from one visit I had a look at some of the more famous diets and I’m appalled!

The Atkins diet dictates that I should give up carbs, the Dukan diet is likely to make me experience bad breath and a dry mouth (something I would very much like to avoid for my first kiss as a married woman) and the weight watchers diet wants me to take note of every last morsel that passes my lips.

Well, after some careful consideration, I have decided that I most definitely will not be subjecting myself to a fad diet pre-wedding. Instead I will eat less chocolate and more fruit and veg.

Take note, I did say less chocolate and not no chocolate!  

Photo © Yortw via Flickr under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home