Friday, July 27, 2012

 

The success of others

It’s wrong to be envious of the successes friends or family experience – but sometimes it’s difficult not to feel a little hard done-by.

My younger brother recently passed his practical driving test, which he is naturally very pleased about.

A good older sibling would just be happy for him…but my happiness is shrouded in jealousy.

Not only has he managed to pass at a much younger age than I did – but he managed it first time!

It took me four goes! Four! Do you know how much money that is? That’s a lot of money!

How come he only needs to pay for his test once? Oh, the unfairness of the world!

Now he’s talking about how the insurance won’t cost that much and how he’ll be buying a car soon. I don’t think so Mister! I’ve been driving a while now and I know that you won’t find cheap car insurance at your age!

Having said that – maybe he’s found a telematics policy… There weren’t any around when I first compared quotes for car insurance; I really wish there had been! Some people have all the luck!  

Photo © Sean MacEntee via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home