Monday, August 6, 2012

 

Being a pillion passenger has brought me closer to my car

I recently got on the back of my brother’s motorbike for the first time, and I can tell you that I’ve grown much closer to my car as a result.

I’ve always found my car useful and I’ve often gratefully loaded the boot with heavy shopping, or made a break for it from my front door when the rain was coming down in sheets, but now I love my vehicle even more.

Nothing compares – road vehicle-wise – to the protection it offers.  Obviously you should still drive safely, motorists can die in car collisions just as motorcyclists can, but I feel so much safer in my driver’s seat than as a pillion passenger.

Taking corners was the worst! Having to lean towards the road with the vehicle made me feel like by knees were going to hit the tarmac or the bike was going to slide out from beneath us.

Unfortunately my brother bought a motorbike helmet especially for me – so I’ll have to get back on the motorbike soon…

I’ll just have to close my eyes and pretend I’m in my lovely car.

Photo © Alasdair Middleton via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home