Friday, August 24, 2012

 

Speeding motorists becoming rarer

You know what really grinds my gears? – by which I mean, what annoys me, not what ruins the inner workings of my car.

It’s speeding motorists who make me mad!

Sometimes you can’t tell if people are speeding – one or two miles above the limit are hard to spot – but when I see road users obviously flouting the rules I have to pull over somewhere safe and calm myself down.

I can’t understand why some drivers do it – it’s so dangerous and completely unnecessary!

Occasionally I see some people visibly speeding just to show off to strangers walking along the pavement.  What’s the point?

Thankfully though, figures from the RAC Foundation and the Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety show that motorists are not speeding as much as they used to.

For example, whereas 69% of drivers exceeded 30mph limits in 1998, in 2010 only 46% did.  Furthermore, the number of road users breaking the 70mph limit on motorways used to be 57% in 2003, but fell to 49% in 2010.

I’m pleased, and I hope those figures continue to decrease.

Photo © ell brown via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home