Monday, September 3, 2012

 

Leaving a warm car on cold days

It’s got much chillier all of the sudden, over the past week or so! I get cold quite easily, but it’s not only me who’s started to wear thicker clothes and wonder where summer went.

Thankfully, my car warms up quickly once it’s turned on, so on my way to work it’s really very pleasant – I feel toasty.

This, however, has a downside. Although it’s nice getting in after walking to it from my front door, getting out again to walk into the office is not as easy.

By the time I’ve got to work, my car has warmed me through to the core, and I feel like climbing over the front seats and curling up at the back for the rest of the day.

I can’t do that, unfortunately, so I open the door and I’m hit by a wall of cold air. It’s not pleasant, and, as the year draws closer to its end, it’s only going to get worse.

Why does my car have to be so cosy?

I think that in the future, cars should be fitted with an acclimatisation system, which would ever-so-gently cool the inside of the car to the temperature outside, so that leaving your vehicle wouldn’t be such a shock.  

Photo © Keith Williamson via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home